1. In a large skillet, combine the rice, salsa, chicken, black beans (drained), chili powder, and chicken broth. Stir until everything is evenly combined.
2. Place a tight fitting lid on the skillet, turn the heat on to high, and let the skillet come to a full boil. As soon as the skillet comes to a boil, turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
3 After 15 minutes, turn off the heat, and let it rest with the lid in place for 5 more minutes.
4. Finally, remove the lid, and fluff the mixture with a fork. All of the liquid should be absorbed and the rice should be tender.
5. Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese over the top, replace the lid, and let it sit for a few minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
6. Slice the green onions. Sprinkled the green onions over the melted cheese and serve hot.